Over 200 gyms have run the #800gChallenge® – join them! It’s a fun, inclusive twist on eating more fruits and vegetables without restricting other items. Don’t re-invent the wheel to get your members nutrition on track; use a pre-built challenge that can generate new revenue for you. The marketing, scoring, and educational content for a 4-week challenge is done for you; you simply execute on information distribution and member logistics like registration and payment.
While anyone can implement the #800gChallenge® for personal use, gyms must select from the product options below. Gyms pick their price point to charge their members to recoup their costs as well as compensate the staff to run the challenge (estimated ~20-30 hours total).
TL; DR SUMMARY OF OPTIONS
Remember, you set the price to charge members. Even if you just charge $20/person, you only need 5-10 people to sign-up to cover your costs!
OPTION 1: WODIFY RISE
Even if you don’t currently use Wodify, their app, Wodify Rise, dedicated to nutrition and lifestyle challenges can be used without membership fees. With Wodify Rise, you get a(n):
• Free mobile app for all your challenge participants to track their daily progress
• Live leaderboard of all your participants
• Single platform to manage registrations and communications throughout the challenge
• Interactive food journal
This product also includes:
1) Instructions and a Content Calendar – to guide you step-by-step through the challenge from start to finish.
2) Promotional Materials – to drive awareness and sign-ups at your gym. This includes:
• 5 Social Media Posts
• Blog Post
• 2 Email Templates to Members
• 2 Promotional Flyers
• Notes for Coach & Member Meetings
3) Challenge Materials – to keep members engaged with:
• Rules and scoring for the challenge
• 12 education posts to distribute to your members (3 a week)
• Social Media Congratulations Post.
OPTION 2: SUGARWOD
This option is almost exactly the same as the product for Wodify complete with instructions, promotional materials, and challenge materials. The main difference is the SugarWOD App allows for DAILY educational content delivered automatically to members. Participants love the micro-learning content throughout the challenge to help answer questions and stay engaged.
There is also the interactive scoring, leaderboarding, and fistbumping that the SugarWOD community has grown to love. Gyms new to SugarWOD should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discounts to join the SugarWOD community.
OPTION 3: NON-SOFTWARE SPECIFIC
This product is similar to Option 1 & 2, including the step-by-step Instructions, Content Calendar and Promotional Materials.
The main differences occur during the Challenge itself:
- There is not daily or 3x/week educational content during the challenge. There is bi-weekly content you must deliver manually (e.g., closed Facebook group, email).
- You must handle where participants log scores and leaderboard (e.g., Google spreadsheet, whiteboard at the gym).
Can I see sample challenge materials?
Sure, email me at email@example.com! And tell me if which option you are considering.
What’s the benefit of buying this product?
This is a revenue opportunity for you or your coaches! Buy a template product and let one of your coaches lead the event for a revenue source for them. I’ve had gyms make several hundred to thousands of dollars from these challenges.
How much do I charge members?
It’s up to you! You know your community best! Generally, gyms charge in the $20-50 range.
Can I change parts of the challenge?
You can, but know that the purchased materials are designed for a 4-week challenge and the point/scoring system is already outlined in the pre-made materials. What’s easier to change are things like adding a workout before/after the challenge, body composition testing, t-shirts, prizes, etc.
Can I just run the challenge on my own?
The #800gChallenge® is a registered trademark. You may not run the challenge for profit without product purchase.