The soundbyte summary: Semaglutide (sold as Wegovy) acts on appetite centers in the brain and in the gut, producing feelings of satiety and reducing cravings. In a clinical trial, one-third of participants experienced 20% weight loss, which is unprecedented for a weight loss drug.
- How our metabolism regulates energy balance;
- How the body fat defends against fat loss;
- How the drug semaglutide (sold as Wegovy or Ozempic) works and how effective it has been;
- Drawbacks to taking the drug;
- Who should consider taking it versus making basic diet & lifestyle changes?
Guyenet & Schwartz, 2012. Rats are attracted to high-fat diet.
Hall & Kahan, 2018. Maintenance of lost weight and long-term management of obesity.
Wilding et al., 2021. Semaglutide clinical trial where >70% of participants experienced 10% weight loss.
Rubino et al., 2021. Semaglutide clinical trial where participants regained weight after they went off the drug.
On Five Takeaways from a Book Worth Reading (Burn)
>> SEARCH THE PODCAST <<
OptimizeMe Nutrition Products
Lazy Macros® Ebook
Affiliate Coach Program
>>And join the email list for bonus content.