- How our metabolism regulates energy balance;
- How the body fat defends against fat loss;
- How the drug semaglutide (sold as Wegovy or Ozempic) works and how effective it has been;
- Drawbacks to taking the drug;
- Who should consider taking it versus making basic diet & lifestyle changes?
Guyenet & Schwartz, 2012. Rats are attracted to high-fat diet.
Hall & Kahan, 2018. Maintenance of lost weight and long-term management of obesity.
Wilding et al., 2021. Semaglutide clinical trial where >70% of participants experienced 10% weight loss.
Rubino et al., 2021. Semaglutide clinical trial where participants regained weight after they went off the drug.