We’re talking about sarcopenia, which is the natural loss of muscle mass as we age. But don’t worry, it’s not all doom and gloom. We’ll explore the mechanisms behind sarcopenia, discuss the factors that contribute to its onset, and most importantly, uncover strategies to counter and even reverse its effects.
• The background and diagnosis of sarcopenia
• The impact of aging on muscle loss and strength decline
• The potential mechanisms behind sarcopenia
• Strategies to mitigate and reverse sarcopenia
• The importance of nutrition and exercise in preserving muscle mass
Larsson et al., 2019. Sarcopenia: age-related loss of muscle mass and function.
Wroblewski et al., 2011. Master’s athletes muscle mass and strength.
On How to Gain Muscle & Lose Fat (aka Body Recomposition)
On the Blue Zones
On Creatine and Refuting B.S.