I get lots of questions about food quantity and I thought an episode covering my best advice was warranted. We’re talking through three things to figure out: how much to eat, how to know if it’s the right amount, and why you may not be losing weight.
5 listener questions with ~5 minute answers:
1) prioritizing high-volume: low-calorie food;
2) bulking & cutting as “yo-yo dieting”;
3) elimination diets to “jump start” eating healthy;
4) GI distress on the #800gChallenge®; and
5) MyFitnessPal sugar warning and fruit consumption.
Why do we worry about food additives but have so few issues with supplements? We’re talking about why it might be a case of misplaced vigilance, regulatory differences, and the money made on convincing us we could be “better.”
Should we be worried about food additives? I’m unpacking that by talking about food regulations, how many daily Diet Cokes it would take to be truly unsafe, and why the anxiety created by fear of additives isn’t helping anyone.