Lots of people and products claim to help us “hack” our health. Are they legit? That’s what we’re diving into, talking about why these pursuits are so popular, the placebo effect, and the hacks that actually work.
Seven listener questions:
1) Nutrition & menopause
2) Relationship between high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and weight loss
3) Natural yeast/sourdough starter and health benefits
4) Children and trying to instill good nutrition habits
5) Cooked versus raw on the #800gChallenge®
6) Muscle cell size and inflammation
7) How to lose weight but build muscle (increase performance) simultaneously
What is muscle protein synthesis, how does it affect muscle growth, and why does it matter? Those are the questions we’re tackling in this second of two episodes on protein digestion, absorption, and timing.
You may have heard the “rule” that the body can only digest 30g of protein at a time. Is it true? That’s part of what we’re talking about today in the first of two episodes on protein digestion, absorption, and timing.