The soundbyte summary: To understand how a diet works, analyze the rules (e.g., when you eat, what to eat, what can’t you eat) to see how it can change the calories or macronutrients you consume. Most all diets (including these) are trying to manipulate calories or macronutrients without counting them precisely.
• What is “quantity” and review of Principle 6 (All diets control quantity to varying levels of precision)
• What is the Optavia 5 and 1 diet, how it controls quantity, and why it is not sustainable
• What is the Keto diet (ketosis), how it controls quantity, and why it is not sustainable
• Keto vs. Carnivore diets
• Why keto is not superior to other weight loss diets, and why carbs are optimal for health and performance
• The rapid initial weight loss on Keto (water weight)
• What is the (low) Carb Cycling, how it controls quantity, and why you might not get the results you want
• Whether carb cycling is good for performance, and addressing caloric need
>> SEARCH THE PODCAST <<
>>And join the email list for bonus content.