The soundbite summary: The magic is in the basics that we are not doing and instead we get hung up on these irrelevant scientific explanations that distract us from what really matters.
- What is The Paleo Diet and the 11 core beliefs & principles;
- The “magic” of the Paleo Diet is from eating more nutrient-dense foods (improving diet quality);
- Diets that get the science wrong but the net effect is good;
- How to eat to “feed your DNA”;
- Whether we need a precise macronutrient distribution;
- The glycemic index and whether this directs cravings and energy levels;
- The problem with targeting “ratios” (e.g., omega-6 to omega-3, sodium to potassium);
- The problem with the acid-base balance diet approach;
- The problem with “anti-nutrient” claims;
- Why what our ancestors ate is not necessarily optimal.
Gaesser et al., 2021. GI as a proxy for “quality.”
Niwano et al., 2009. Low GI foods do not suppress hunger or increase satiety.
Vega-Lopez et al., 2018. Low GI diets do not support weight loss or prevent diabetes or CVD.
Wu et al., 2021. High GI diets do not affect hunger.
>> SEARCH THE PODCAST <<
>>And join the email list for bonus content.