- Why blood sugar is important, how it’s regulated, and problems with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia
- What’s different about diabetics and why they are helpful in insulin-dependent cases
- Why Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGMs) are not helpful for weight and health goals for otherwise healthy individuals
- Why CGMs could drive positive behavior change regardless of the data
- Why CGMs could lead to food neuroses
Dicembrini et al., 2021. Effectiveness of CGMs in Type 1 Diabetics.
Howard et al., 2020. Imprecision nutrition? Different CGMs provide different data to the same meals.
New York Times article on CGMs.
Zeevi et al., 2015. Different blood sugar responses between foods (banana and cookies).