We’ve got another Diet Review for you this week. As we’ve done in the past, we’re looking at three diets you’ve asked about to see better understand their claims, who they may be for (or not for), a few red flags to look out for, and more.
– The what and why of the Galveston Diet, Slow Carb Diet, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet
– Why we probably shouldn’t be looking for “new” diets that work
– How including lots of scientific references can trick us into believing something is legit
– My thoughts on the effectiveness (or danger) of “cheat days”
– Why approaches or products designed to solve a specific health condition is a red flag
Welton et al., 2020. Fasting is no different than caloric restriction.
Saracino et al., 2023. Review paper diet and IBD.
Steger et al., 2021. Cited Study on Intermittent Fasting vs Continuous Energy Restriction.