- What are saturated fat and cholesterol, and why they are always talked about together;
- How saturated fat and cholesterol are related to heart disease;
- The work of Ancel Keys in the 1950s linking saturated fat to heart disease;
- The nuances of how saturated fat plays out at the individual level;
- Whether LDL cholesterol is the best predictor of cardiovascular disease risk;
- Guidelines for saturated fat in the diet; and
- What to do when your doctor recommends statins.
Montani et al., 2021. Ancel Keys: The legacy of a giant in physiology, nutrition, and public health.
True Health Initiative, 2017. Ancel Keys and the Seven Countries Study: An Evidence-based Response to Revisionist Histories.
On Low Carb vs Low Fat
On Whether the USDA Got Their Guidelines Wrong
On Figuring Out the Right Amount to Eat
On Omega3s, Omega6s, and Fish Oil Supplementation