The soundbyte summary: “[D]ue to the huge interindividual variation existing in the healthy population, no clear definition of a healthy gut microbiota has been established to date” (PMID: 33741632).
How can we improve “gut health” if we don’t have a clear definition of what that is?
• Defining the “gut”
• Understanding what the microbiota do (aka microbiome does)
• Defining “gut health” and how to measure it
• The utility of a disease diagnosis to measure progress and health
• Dysbiosis and leaky gut: determining cause and effect
• Defining optimal gut health and the relevance of ancestral data
• How to optimize one’s gut health with diet and lifestyle
Camilleri, 2019. Leaky gut: mechanisms, measurement and clinical implications in humans.
Canadian Society of Intestinal Research article on Leaky Gut
Carmody et al., 2021. Gut microbiota through an evolutionary lens (Paper from Science).
Wei et al., 2021. Determining Gut Microbial Dysbiosis.
>> SEARCH THE PODCAST <<
>>And join the email list for bonus content.