Soundbyte summary: We keep looking for yes/no rule structures to make things simple. There is in fact a yes/no decision on any food – but can only be made in the context of the other foods eaten that day as well as the goals of the person. Some of what we lose in the search for simplicity is the actual solution.
• What the Food Compass is trying to accomplish
• Why a healthy diet can include poor-quality foods
• Why looking for a simple yes/no food rules doesn’t work
• How our search for simplicity sometimes hides the solution
• The reason we need to be skeptical of “virality”
Mozaffarian et al., 2021. Food compass as a nutrient profiling system (original paper).
Ortenzi et al., 2022. Draft paper outlining limitations of the Food Compass Nutrient Profiling System.
>> SEARCH THE PODCAST <<
OptimizeMe Nutrition Products
Lazy Macros® Ebook
Affiliate Coach Program
>>And join the email list for bonus content.