Fiber has numerous health benefits, including reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and colon cancer. It also seems to help with weight loss and plays a role in appetite and satiety. Yet, it’s estimated that only 5% of us are getting enough. We’re discussing why fiber is underrated and how to get more.
• Fiber basics (types, digestion, and essential vs. optimal)
• How much fiber do we need? (Current intakes, and what is optimal)
• Sources of fiber and different fiber types
• Weight and health benefits of fiber
• Improving gut health with fiber
• Fiber supplements
• How do you know if you are getting enough fiber
Farvid et al., 2020. Review that fiber reduces breast cancer risk.
Miketinas et al., 2019. Fiber independently predicts weight loss.
Reynolds et al., 2019. Review that fiber reduces CVD and colon cancer risk.
Verpnese et al., 2018. Review that fiber reduced CVD, and pancreatic & gastric cancer risk.