Soundbyte summary: The value of your diet is not whether you ate a specific food or not; the value of the diet is determined by the collection of the foods in it. This is known as a “dietary pattern.” While the MIND Diet is associated with less risk of dementia, it’s because of the whole dietary pattern – not specific foods in it.
• The difference between dementia and mild cognitive impairment
• What the MIND diet is and its possible role in dementia prevention
• The distinction between diets and dietary patterns
• Why the greater number of limitations may be the secret to the MIND diet
• What reverse causation is and why we need to be wary of it
Arjmand et al., 2022. MIND Diet Intervention on cognitive performance and brain function (randomized controlled trial).
Gutierrez et al., 2021. A review of randomized controlled trials on nutrition and cognitive function.
Kheirouri & Alizadeh, 2021. A systematic review of the MIND Diet and cognitive performance in older adults.Livingston et al., 2020. Modifiable risk factors for dementia.
On the False Promise of 1% Better Every Day
>> SEARCH THE PODCAST <<
OptimizeMe Nutrition Products
Lazy Macros® Ebook
Affiliate Coach Program
>>And join the email list for bonus content.